FOREVER YOUNG

FOREVER YOUNG
Welcome, and thanks for visiting our blog. Follow us as we explore this beautiful country and enjoy life's simple pleasures.

Followers

Saturday, 5/21/11: Food and friends...Friday update

Guess what I did on Friday...
  
I cut grass again.  It just seems to keep growing and growing and growing, and I keep mowing and mowing and mowing and mowing...

We also made a Wal-Mart run for groceries.  I'm sore, and I'm tired.  Like an idiot, again, I mowed the whole yard and then walked around Wal-Mart too.  As a result, my feet hurt, my back hurts, my neck hurts.  Luckily with a little rest Friday evening and most of Saturday, the pain has subsided.

Saturday was another wonderful day with RV friends. Jim and Dee have decided to stay another week, and Terri and I are looking forward to spending more time with them.  Jim called early afternoon wondering if we had a caulking gun.  Apparently Dee got a little aggresive with theirs and broke it.  Well I still have all my painting supplies in the trunk of the car including the caulking gun.  So I walked it over to their site and "helped" Dee caulk a small spot on one of their slides while Jim was checking out the roof of their fiver.  He came back down, and the three of us talked for a few minutes.  Jim made me an offer I couldn't refuse on a pair of X-Chock Tire Locking Chocks.  He didn't want them anymore and I was actually planning on purchasing some, so that worked out real well for both of us.

Saturday night the four of us headed north to Fredericksburg, VA.  We met Paul and Marti at Carrabba's Italian Grill.  We got there a bit after 7:30, and the restaurant was still very busy.  It looked like it might be prom night.  The food was excellent, and the fellowship was even better.  Afterwards, we headed over to Krispy Kreme Donuts.  They were serving HOT donuts.  If you like donuts and ever have a chance to get HOT KKD's, GO FOR IT!! 
Marti and Paul



Dee and Paul photographing donut sign, as Marti watches

Jim, Dee, Marti, Paul, and Terri

oooooooh, donuts

oooooooh more donuts




Jim and Dee

Marti and Paul
We talked for about another hour.  After hugs and handshakes and photos, we headed home while Paul and Marti headed to Wal-Mart.  Wal-Mart was always their "favorite" store, however lately Lowe's has become their number one with all their house upgrades.

We got back home about 11:30.  A late night out for us, but well worth it.  Spending time with friends is what it's all about.  Tomorrow is another day of "take it easy" with no real plan for the day.

6 comments:

  1. It was a great time, but as usual, too short. I think we might have overdosed on those doughnits, the painting is going very slooowwly this morning...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so much fun to see how a simple thing like Krispy Kreme Donuts can be a wonderful adventure for a trio of RV-Dreamers;o)

    It looks to us like you were photographing UFOs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to laugh at Paul & Dee taking pictures of the Krispy Kreme sign. I'm always thinking of what I should 'blog' about, and take pictures of it. People must think we're all nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We get laughs everywhere we go and meet up with people with blogs. We all have cameras on hand. What a great day with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree with Nancy, it looks like they were photographing UFO's :) Isn't it funny, the things we all take pictures of? I remember getting very odd looks last week when I took a picture of my hamburger. They probably thought I was from the health dept or something!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ya'll are having a series of unscheduled mini-rallies. Wish I were close enough to come.

    I do have to tell you though that if you go to Charlottesville, you MUST go to spudnuts. Forget Crispy Cream. These are REAL donuts! Anybody in town can point you in the right direction. Family owned potato donut shop only open from 5 or 6am to 2pm.

    Sherry
    www.directionofourdreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete